Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Color Throwdown


 Hello Color Throwdown fans! I'm hosting the new color challenge today and we're doing a 180 degree turn from the bolder colors of last week to a very pastel palette of light mint green, saffron and ivory! I hope you'll like playing along with the softer side of colors!  


I was inspired after I watched this video tutorial by Laura Bassen on the Papertrey Ink blog!  She creates backgrounds with colored texture paste (I used Sage Shadow re-inker on one block and smooshed So Saffron on a second acrylic block to add to the paste).  I liked her idea of giving the illusion of loosely layered string behind the sentiment by cutting a Circle Scribble die (PTI) from vellum!  I cut the sentiment 3 times and adhered them together to give it more thickness and dimension.  I splattered some Antique Linen distress ink over the background as well.  The leaves stencil is by Simon Says Stamp.  I kept it very clean and simple!

I'm happy to share that our October guest designer is the super talented Michele Boyer from Paper Cuts !  My first time meeting her was at a Copic instructional class and you will soon see she has some fabulous coloring skills!
  
For more inspiration by the rest of the design team, click on their blog links below...or... you can go to the Color Throwdown blog to see their cards and to get the details on how to play along. 
Barbara Anders  
Broni Holcombe   
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins 
Lori Tecler   
Tammy Hershberger
Vickie Zimmer 
Wanda Cullen (you are here) 

Michele Boyer - Guest Designer for October 

6 comments:

Stampingcountry said...

Wow, Wanda! I love your soft and lovely color combo and your non-traditional autumn colors.

Michele Boyer said...

So pretty, Wanda! I love the color palette you chose. :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Pretty card, Wanda! I LOVE the idea of using vellum for the scribble circle!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. Love this soft color combo.

Joan Ervin said...

Love how you layered all those diecuts to create this fabulous design, Wanda...the sequins and spatters are the perfect details!!!

Chris Dring said...

Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous! Gang, now I NEED that leaf stencil! LOL!