Saturday, February 9, 2013

Viva la Verve

I wanted to play along with the second Viva la Verve challenge over on the Verve forum before the w/e slipped on by. Maureen has this inspirational photo with a gorgeous doorway and a great sketch...with opportunity to use one or both to inspire our creativity.  This was a simple card to throw together and since I need to build up my birthday stash, I went with a birthday sentiment.  This dusty rose seam binding from Verve's Madly Deeply Collection was perfect with the DP from Kaisercraft's "Lake House" pad.  The bling is from a variety card of embellishments by Recollections...gotta love those coupons at Mike's!

My husband painted our front door a dark shade of you think he'd notice if I changed it to this hot pink? :-)  It would go so well with our gray siding! LOL!   On second thought...I really don't want to sleep in the dog house!                  

STAMPS: Small Phrases (Verve)
ACCESSORIES: Pennant trim die by Verve, Charming banner dies by Verve, Corner chomper, Seam binding by Verve, Bling by Recollections.


Marisa said...

Great take on the sketch, Wanda. Loving the bling, and I only shop at Mike's with a coupon and double dip when I have a kid along with me :)

Hot pink front door with grey siding - yes!! Heck, Valentine's Day is coming up you know LOL!

Broni said...

Beautiful, Wanda! Love soft vintage look! I want a front door that color too!