Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Timeless Tuesday Meets Color Challenge


This is a "two for one special" for the Color Challenge on SCS (More Mustard, Midnight Muse, Old Olive with dessert option to watercolor) and for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge where it's all about shine and glitter.  I dry embossed the Manhatten Flower EF by SU on 90 lb. watercolor paper then scribbled a yellow watercolor crayon in the widest open sections of the roses.  I then took my Aquapainter and pulled color off my More Mustard ink pad and shaded in the petals.  Continuing with my Aquapainter, I painted some Old Olive ink around the roses' outline then spritzed some dark blue color using a Tombow #528 marker and SU's spritzer tool (or "spitter" as I affectionately call it - lol).  I then sprayed the entire surface with Tattered Angels "Dazzling Diamonds" Glimmer Mist to add the glitter element.  It doesn't show up really well, but it's there!  I just love the "teeny weeny" sentiments in Flourishes' new Old Fashioned Florals set - just perfect for the tiny tag punch by SU!  I'm a novice with watercoloring and always love the look, so this was another chance for me to practice this coloring technique.

PAPER: Midnight Muse, Old Olive Canon 90 lb. watercolor paper
INK: Old Olive, More Mustard, Midnight Muse
ACCESSORIES: Midnight Muse ribbon by SU, Bling sticker by Recollections, Manhatten Flower EF by SU, Aquapainter, Spritzer tool (SU), Tiny tag punch (SU).

4 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

STUNNING Wanda!!~

Debbie Carriere said...

Wow, Wanda!! This is gorgeous!!!

Dorothy C. said...

This card and the previous are absolutely gorgeous. Great watercoloring.

Broni said...

What gorgeous colors and what a gorgeous card, Wanda! I bet the shimmer is beautiful in person! Love it! Thanks so much for joining us in the Timeless Tuesday challenge!