Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Fall Frosty?




OK...so I challenged myself to use the Our Creative Corner Challenge colors of Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry, Early Espresso & White to make a CHRISTMAS card! Yikes! What was I thinking? I went with Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge for the layout. I'm still kinda cringing when I look at it...VERY definitely non-traditional and different. The jury is still out on whether it gets sent to anyone - lol!
STAMPS: Sweet Snowman by Penny Black; O Christmas Tree by Verve (sentiment)
PAPER: Early Espresso, Rich Razzleberry, Certainly Celery, Island Oasis DP by SU
INK: Early Espresso, Memento Tuxedo Black
ACCESSORIES: Copics, Scallop Corner punch, Rickrack die (MFT), Dark brown Tombow marker to create faux stitching

7 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

This snowman is so CUTE! That orange hat is perfect!

Marisa said...

What an adorable snowman!!! Great use of the sketch and colour challenge. Loving your newest blog remodel too :)

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is so sweet! Love the ric rack border band. Awesome job combining these challenges!

Nancy Thomas said...

Such a fun colorful Christmas card. Awesome!

Mary Marsh said...

what a cute snowman wanda-I like the non-trad colors-nice wrok combinign both challenges

Edna Morrisedie said...

I don't understand snowpeople, but can see some cute in there!!! He He Hee

Anonymous said...

Wanda, it's always a please to see your creations! You did a great job with this scary color combination! I was scared too! Thanks for playing along with Our Creative Corner!