Friday, June 2, 2023

Poppin' Cake




I'm playing along with two challenges. The Seize the Birthday challenge has a topping to "make it pop" so what better way than to use bright red and aqua?!  I'm also entering this into The Color Hues challenge to use aqua and red. In hind sight, I should have layered the cake over white as it gets "lost" in the numbers of the patterned paper. But...I'm moving on and not doing it over. Life is too short - haha! 

I cut out the cake dies from Pure Poppy, Aqua Sky and a metallic silver from my scrap pile. Patterned papers are from Surprise! 6x6 pad by Bo Bunny and Cool Collab 6x6 pad by My Favorite Things.

STAMPS: Mashup Birthday (inside of card).
PAPER: Aqua Sky (Concord & 9th); Pure Poppy, White (Papertrey Ink); Metallic silver (? source).
DIES: Party Cake (Pretty Pink Posh); Master Layouts 08 (Gina K Designs); Stitched Circle and Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-Namics (My Favorite Things).
OTHER: Twine, Moonshine sequins (PTI).
TGIF and I hope the weekend treats you well! Weather is FINALLY getting warmer and my bones are thankful. :-)  Have a great day!  ~Wanda


4 comments:

Nancy said...

Wanda, I was tickled to see that you combined the two challenges from Seize the Birthday and Color Hues. Your card certainly pops and I like the mix of papers and I think the cake looks just fine on a busy background. Thanks so much for playing along with both challenges. Take care and have a great weekend.

Cathy said...

Love these colours together, great mix of papers and images too in this fun card, thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Hannelie said...

Such a fabulous mix of pattern and color! Thanks for playing at Color Hues Wanda!

Cindy Beach said...

A birthday card that is lovely, layered, colorful and fun! Stripes and polka dots are always the best! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues, Wanda!