Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Color Throwdown #710

Welcome to a new Color Throwdown challenge! Yours truly is hosting this week with colors of aqua blue, cream and kraft. I took literal inspiration from the pumpkin cookies to use my new favorite dies from Papertrey Ink - Into the Blooms: Pumpkins. 

I had an extra foiled background panel (copper foiling on white) so I color blended Salvaged Patina distress ink over the Fallen Leaves design. I then layered a frame die backed with vellum. I cut the pumpkin pieces from Bristol Smooth Surface paper then blended with distress inks: Salvaged Patina, Speckled Egg, Peacock Feathers, Antique Linen, Cracked Pistachio, Evergreen Bough.
I then splattered pumpkins and leaves with water droplets...let it dry...splattered with Permanent White Gouache...let it dry...then highlighted with Prismacolor pencils. I looped some jute twine to the base using a large glue dot then adhered the pumpkins with glue. I love this fun new sentiment from Papertrey Ink's latest release.

STAMPS: Just Sentiments: Spooky. 
INK: (see above description); True Black for sentiment.
PAPER:  Glimmer Specialty Cardstock by Spellbinders; Rustic White (PTI); Bristol Smooth Surface by Strathmore; Vellum.
DIES: Into the Blooms: Pumpkins, Pierced Feature Frames, Beautiful Bouquet Tag (Papertrey Ink); Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-Namics by My Favorite Things.
OTHER: Jute twine, Copper foil sheet.

That's a wrap! We sure hope you can join us in the challenge this week!  ~Wanda

3 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Love it!

Celeste Goff said...

Wanda, this card is absolutely stunning! I love the teal and white pumpkins and how large they are. So beautifully done!

Toni Hinchcliffe said...

I am totally in love with this card! Going to buy everything and CASE! TFS!!!