Friday, September 23, 2022

Buckeye Leaf

 

 

Hello friends! I have a quick card that I'm squeaking in under the deadline for The Paper Players challenge that has a theme of leaves and/or scarecrows and it's also to be clean and simple. I am also using the sketch for the current Freshly Made Sketches challenge.

I loved playing with the new Buckeye Leaf die just released from The

Greetery. Born and raised in the buckeye state of Ohio, I knew this was a "must have" die!
I color blended a number of distress inks then added grit paste over portions of the leaves. I then splattered with Permanent White gouache paint. The brick embossed panel was in my leftover pile and I used Weathered Wood distress ink and a small dotted stencil on the base panel.

STAMPS: Hoop Wreath (The Greetery).
INK: Tumbled Glass, Speckled Egg, Iced Spruce, Evergreen Bough, Weathered Wood, Stormy Sky distress inks; True Black (PTI).
PAPER: Bristol Smooth Surface, White, Gray (? source).
DIES: Jumbo Curiosity Buckeye Leaf, Hoop Wreath (The Greetery).
OTHER: Brick stencil (SU), Dotted stencil (PTI).
 
That's a wrap for today! Tonight we have a birthday celebration for our grand-daughter who turns 8 today!  ~Wanda

6 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Wanda, this is gorgeous!!! I love the polka dots and the beautiful shades of gray, green and blue! Those leaves are just fabulous! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Jaydee said...

Fabulous way to use these leaves! I obsessed with them and I love that you did them in a spruce color. So much wonderful texture on your card. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Toni Hinchcliffe said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Linda Callahan said...

Your beautiful bold leaves look fabulous against that wonderful background! So pretty!

Karren said...

This is fabulous, Wanda! I love those buckeye leaves (they were out of stock when I placed my order at The Greetery). The colours are gorgeous and everything just works perfectly together. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! Those bold leaves are gorgeous! And what a beautiful the color palette. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.