Tuesday, July 19, 2022

PTI July Release Day 3

 

Hi crafty friends and welcome to day three of reveals for the July release at Papertrey Ink! New items will be available on the 21st at 10pm ET so get your wish list ready! Today, we are introducing you to Crafting Queen stamps and dies + Cover Plate: Flutter Frame die + Cover Plate: Flutter dies + Tag-Its Mini stamps and dies.

While I love the butterfly frame die, I'm most excited about the tiny tags that are being released! So often, my card front is pretty filled up and there doesn't seem to be room for a sentiment. These mini tags are so easy to tuck in and not take up much real estate!

The card base was created by using a dry embossing folder then swiping a Versamark pad over the panel and adding silver embossing powder. I added vellum behind the small center frame.

I find it easiest to adhere the cover plate die by spraying with Elmer's Craft Bond spray adhesive (do it in a protected area like a box or the trash can).


STAMPS: Tag It: Minis, Cake Creations
Ink: Lovely Lady, Raspberry Fizz, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Lemon Tart, Bright Buttercup, Lilac Grace, Almost Amethyst, Spring Moss, New Leaf, Green Parakeet, Simply Chartreuse, Enchanted Evening
PAPER: Soft Stone, Enchanted Evening, White, Vellum
DIES: Cover Plate: Flutter Frame, Pierced Feature Frames, Tag It: Minis, Cake Creations
OTHER: Sizzix embossing folder, Silver embossing powder, Silver cord


The background panel was color blended with distress inks then splattered with water. This beautiful cover plate die was adhered by spraying with Elmer's Craft Bond spray adhesive.  

The heart was popped up with foam tape and I thought the sentiment (from the Crafting Queen set) would be perfect to gift someone with some homemade sweets!

STAMPS: Crafting Queen
INK: Salty Ocean, Wild Honey, Squeezed Lemonade, Cracked Pistachio distress inks; True Black
PAPER: White; Bristol Smooth Surface
DIES: Cover Plate: Flutter, Crafting Queen
OTHER: Stitched Circle die

Last but not least, I want to share a small basket vignette created with the Crafting Queen set. I bought this basket at Michael's many months ago thinking I would eventually find a use for it. I love creating decor for my craft room and this was a fun project! The "junk bow" included some tape measure ribbon and the trio of "real" buttons has been in my stash forever. I made a feminine version of the Baseball T die and elevated it over a small 1/2" high box. 

 

SUPPLIES



 

That's a wrap for today! Come back tomorrow for the final day of reveals!  ~Wanda

2 comments:

Carmela said...

I love that basket! I may have to check out Michaels myself.

Eve N said...

Lovely cards. I'm getting the Tag It Minis because it has been hard to find tiny, meaningful sentiments and these will fit many occasions. Also, didn't realize there are TWO different butterfly cover plates until I saw your post. Thanks!