Friday, May 29, 2020

CAS(E) This Sketch




It's been awhile since I've played along with the CAS(E) This Sketch challenge, but after I watched a die cut mask technique video tutorial by Jennifer McGuire (you can see it HERE), I was inspired to try it out. This happens to be a re-run of a retro sketch from a couple of years ago and it's a classic simple layout that has so many wonderful possibilities!



I started by die-cutting this large Beautiful Bouquet Outline die from masking paper. I adhered it to a smooth white card stock then color blended 3 different distress oxide inks (Candied Apple, Abandoned Coral, Picked Raspberry) over the masking die. When it was dry, I peeled off the masking paper then stenciled with a small dotted stencil and white pigment ink. I liked that the polka dots were very subtle.


I popped up the Skinny Frames: Diagonal Border frame with foam tape. The sentiment die was cut from white and Berry Sorbet card stock and offset with the layering. In hindsight, I wish I had used a darker red to give it better contrast.

PAPER: Neenah Smooth Solar White (110 lb.), Berry Sorbet (Ink to Paper/Papertrey Ink).
INK: Candied Apple, Abandoned Coral, Picked Raspberry distress oxide inks by Ranger.
DIES: Beautiful Bouquet Outline, To Die For Sentiments: Byline For You die, Skinny Frames: Diagonal Border (Ink to Paper/Papertrey Ink).
OTHER: Dot stencil by Ink to Paper/Papertrey Ink.
 
So there you have it! Something a bit different for me. Thanks so much for stopping by. 
                                        Happy stamping!      ~Wanda

No comments: