Friday, October 27, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches



Hooray for a long four day weekend off work! Late last night, I played with this new Fantasy Floral die set from Altenew and is it ever fun and easy to line up the 3 layers! Can you tell I have such a hard time trying to resist buying more florals - whether it's stamps or dies - lol?!  I used two different pinks from my Mijello Mission watercolor paint set and made varying shades of the colors depending on how much water I added.  I splattered a darker green over the leaves which were initially watercolored with an olive shade of green.  I wanted the flower to pop so it was a no brainer to use black and white with it.  The sentiment is from the Painted Greetings stamp set by Altenew.  Patterned paper is by Recollections.  I'm playing along with the Freshly Made Sketches challenge and love Kim's sketch!  

That's all for now, but check back on Wednesday for another card using these floral dies on my Color Throwdown sample!  Enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Gorgeous! Love your work ♥♥♥

Linda Callahan said...

Lovely card.....your flower is gorgeous! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the black and white and that beautiful flower! The colour stands out nicely! So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!