Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sweet Little Baby





This card is for 2 of my fave challenges:
SCS Sketch Challenge - Roxie has a simple, versatile layout this week.
Color Throwdown - Kristin has 4 fabulous colors that I turned into a baby card: Early Espresso, Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Crumb Cake.
I layered the frame so I could sponge Antique Linen distess ink along the inner and outer edges. I made a slit along the bottom so I could insert the body of the monkey image (stamped on subtle polka dotted DP & cut out). I highlighted his ears and nose and added a smile using Copics. Some baker's twine, a prima and some buttons finished it off. It's raining hard in VA and I'm SO THANKFUL it's not the white stuff! My heart goes out to those who got slammed elsewhere...especially the midwest and the plains...stay warm and safe!
STAMPS: To the Moon (Verve)
PAPER: So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Neenah Solar White
INK: Chocolate Chip, Marina Mist (BB was too light for the sentiment)
ACCESSORIES: Baker's twine, Prima, Square Lattice EF, CB, Vintage buttons

7 comments:

Peggy said...

Such a super adorable card! Love how you placed the monkey! I really need that embossing folder!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Great use of this stamp Wanda, and I love love love all the yellow!

Laura Pryor said...

This is a fantastic design. I don't know how you get these beauties done. Each Wednesday you have a card done before I get up in the morning! And they are all beautiful! I love the flower you made and the image is GREAT!!

Wendy said...

This is just the cutest baby card i've ever seen! The colors really drew my eye but that adorable bear image is the sweetest! I love this, Wanda! :)

dpkennedy said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love this! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

Kristin Eberline said...

ADORABLE, Wanda! Love your card, the bloom and your bear ♥

Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown this week!!

The Scrappy Cottage said...

Such a sweet card. Love the cute bear.....