Sunday, February 27, 2011

Note of Thanks




Another weekend off and it FLEW by so fast! Had lots on the agenda and I couldn't squeeze in any stamping time until this evening. The afternoon was spent with my middle son and his girl friend visiting, plus I had to watch my man win the Nascar race! I'm a huge Jeff Gordon fan and he had gone 66 races without winning (came in 2nd many times) and he finally won today! Last night we watched a thrilling game with Va Tech beating #1 Duke! Our oldest son and DIL are alumni of that college and we were cheering along with them. OK...on to my card...
This card is for 4 challenges:
Crazy 4 Challenges - flower power (create something with flowers)
The Shabby Tea Room - buttons & bows inspired by picture with pastel colors
Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge
MFT Guest DT Challenge - get Die-mensional and add dimension to a project using MFT dies.
Because Karen Giron's wonderful sketch had a circle element, I went to my newest MFT image and combined coloring with Copics and paper-piecing. LOVE this new DP in the SU mini catalog! I layered a white felt rolled flower over a paper rolled rose and accented it with a large SU button and some pale pink twine on a clearance rack at Mike's. So glad you stopped by...thanks for sharing your comments...I love reading them!
STAMPS: Who's That Musical Girl (MFT)
PAPER: Springtime Vintage (SU), Rose Red, Neenah Solar White, Black
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black
ACCESSORIES: Copics (G94, G99, C00, C3, C5), Black pearls, Leaves die (SU), Large scallop die (MFT), Rolled rose die (MFT), Rolled flower die (MFT), Button (SU), Twine, Lace, Circle & Lacey circle Nesties, Dotted Swiss EF, CB

8 comments:

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

I love your card, it is very pretty! TFS :)

Wendy said...

Super pretty, Wanda! Love those flowers! :)

Laura Pryor said...

Rockin' design, GF!

Mary Marsh said...

love this card also wanda and the vintage dsp-I checked my last su order-it's on there -yay!! we watched that same b'ball game on saturday night-then our pitt team lost to louisville yesterday in ot-

StephC said...

Wow, this is awesome. I love all of the details. Beautiful!

Marisa said...

Wonderfully done, Wanda. Great flower. My hubby can't wait until March Madness begins :)

Francie G. said...

Another fabulous design! Love all the details! Beautifully done, Wanda!

Krista said...

Love your card !!