Saturday, April 24, 2010

Rose for Mother





Stef's Inspiration Challenge (to use something from the Green Rainbow site) led me to choose this owl pillow for the colors. I also wanted to pay tribute to Cathleen (ctorina) who is the Queen for a Day featured stamper this week. You can link to her blog directly by looking under the Paper Doll list in my sidebar. Her gallery is so amazing and I put her cards in my faves quite often! I loved her card here for the florals in one corner and the large scallops. I changed colors, put the ribbon in a different location & changed the sentiment shape/location. This is the first time I played with this rose (embossed with white EP on white CS) image. I then sprayed it heavily with water and dipped a brush into turquoise and summer sun reinkers, touching the tip of the brush in the 'puddles' of water on the image. If you want to see a video on this technique, check out the Watercolor Rose by Patty link under My Helpful Tip column in the sidebar on the right. It was so much fun and it's one of those techniques that will never have 2 of the same kind of results. This also qualifies for ODBD's Shining Light Challenge to create a Mother's Day card/project. Hope you're enjoying your w/e...tfl!

STAMPS: Fifth Avenue Floral (SU), Because of You (Verve) - sentiment, Delightful Dahlia (PTI) - leaves
PAPER: Bermuda Bay, White, Textured green (? source)
INK: Bermuda Bay, Versamark, Green Galore (sponge on edges of leaves)
ACCESSORIES: Oval punches by SU, Lg. scallop punch by EK Success, Bermuda Bay grosgrain ribbon, EF by SU, Turquoise & Summer sun reinkers, Brush, Sponge, CB

9 comments:

Betty Wright said...

This is beautiful, Wanda! Love the colors and how you did the coloring of the rose! Stunning card!

Bonnie McLain said...

GREAT CARD.. but the colors!!!! WOW... love them together... two of my fav that is for sure... the rose is really outstanding... and I agree with you 100%.. papers have stolen my heart way over stamps... the only problem I have is that if I don't buy enough of my fav... then I dont' use the original piece... ugh.. oh well.. .life is so tough, isn't it??? LOL.. Have a fun day..

Mary Marsh said...

this is a beautiful inspired card-I love your coloring technique on the rose-your colors look great together

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Wanda, this card is so beautiful! I love the combined colors on the rose and the embossed rose in the bg!! Just gorgeous!!!TFS!

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Wanda :D Love the way you "coloured" the rose and and those large scallops are a great addition. Well done!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Wow, you really captured colour well here Wanda, love the rose, just fabbo!

Peggy said...

Awesome inspiration card! Love the color combo and that rose is exquisite!

Julia Aston said...

The colors on your rose are just beautiful Wanda! and the matching embossing just sets it off so nicely!

Grace said...

Gorgeous Wanda! What a great job with the IC and thanks for playing along with ODBD Shining the Light Challenge!!!