Tuesday, May 30, 2023

You Made My Day!

 

It's Memorial Day (yesterday at the time I made my card) and a somber time of remembering all those who gave their lives for our freedom in the US. It's been almost non-stop rain all day and our rain gauge shows 4 3/4 inches so far! 😲

I went with the patriotic colors inspired by the photo for The Card Concept challenge and I used the sketch for the current Paper Players challenge. I used a clean layered style for my design and I started by pulling patterned papers from the Stars & Stripes 6x6" pad then layered a skinny star frame (2 layers) over the base.

I used some new Pentrista paints that I just ordered recently from Amazon and really like the vibrant colors.  After the florals were dry, I added some touches of glitter paste. 

Here's what I used:

STAMPS: Thank You Florals (Papertrey Ink).
INK: Versafine Clair Nocturne.
PAPER: White, Pure Poppy (PTI); Stars & Stripes 6x6" pad (MFT).
DIES: Thank You Florals, Border Bling: Skinny Star (PTI); Stitched Rectangle and Stitched Banner Flag STAX Die-Namics (My Favorite Things). 
OTHER: Glitter Paste (Recollections); Dew drops (PTI). 
 

That's a wrap for today. Thanks so much for stopping by!  ~Wanda

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

What a fabulous creation! LOVE that star border die as well as the starry background paper. Your florals really pop against that stripey horizontal piece...I love their sparkle! Thanks for playing with my sketch this week at the Paper Players!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is such a sweet patriotic card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Card Concept.

Fran Wing said...

Hello, Wanda! I've been thinking about red, white & blue lately and what I want to do with my annual 4th of July card - you've inspired me! I really like how you combined the printed stars, stripes, and star border but calmed it down with a white center panel. It's a great take on our challenge this week! Thank you for playing with us at The Paper Players!
Xoxo, Fran

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Wanda, this is a beautiful card! Love!!!
Thanks so much for joining the Card Concept Challenge!
Hugs! Mackie

Carol said...

Wanda, Your flowers with the stars in the background pull together the photo elements from the challenge. Great card!