Monday, June 14, 2021

ITP June Release Day #4

 

It's day four of reveals for the June release at Ink to Paper. Tomorrow is release day at 10pm EST, so get those wish lists ready! Today, we are introducing Vase Collection 2 stamp set and die + From the Garden stamp set and dies + Feathered Friends Mini 12 stamp set and dies + Sidewalk Chalk Flowers stamp set and dies.

When I saw the vase stamp, I knew I wanted to make a cobalt blue and white vase. I have quite a few layers on this card and wanted to showcase lots of texture.
I only popped up the base postage frame layer so the card could be mailed more easily. The leaves are from an older set called Growth and the flowers are from the Cake Please set. I wanted a tiny sentiment banner so chose one from the Feathered Friends Mini 12 set and gold embossed it on vellum.

STAMPS: Vase Collection II, Feathered Friends Mini 12 (sentiment), Growth (leaves), Cake Please (flowers).
INK: Enchanted Evening, Lemon Tart, Bright Buttercup, Summer Sunrise, Limeade Ice, Green Parakeet, New Leaf; Versamark.
PAPER: Enchanted Evening, White, Vellum.
DIES: Vase Collection II, Border Bling: Postage Frames, Mix & Mat: Postal, Love to Layer: Floral Fusion, Growth, Cake Please.


I am loving these large carnations which work great for "loose" water coloring. For me, I stamp the different layers and spritz once lightly with water before I stamp it on paper. You want to make sure each layer is dry before you add the next layer.

On a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" panel of white CS, I added an even messier application of ink by spritzing the flowers and leaves at least twice with water before stamping. From that panel, I die cut the pierced feature frame and saved the center (which I used on a card in yesterday's post).

STAMPS: From the Garden.
INK: True Black; Worn Lipstick, Festive Berries, Twisted Citron, Peeled Paint distress inks by Ranger.
PAPER: Bristol Smooth Surface; Limeade Ice, White.
DIES: Cover Plate: Trellis, Pierced Feature Frames, From the Garden.
OTHER: Dew drops.

My next background was an idea I saw somewhere on Pinterest. I tore four different shades of blue for the look of ocean waves. I splattered some brown distress ink onto the kraft "sand". The sentiment is from an old PTI set called Salt Air Sentiments. A trio of summer shells and an anchor charm finished off this simple design.


STAMPS: Feathered Friends Mini 12, Salt Air Sentiments.
INK: Classic Kraft, Aqua Mist, Pale Peony, Soft Stone, Honey Nut, Cocoa Bean, True Black; Versamark.
PAPER: Classic Kraft, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, White.
DIES: Feathered Friends Mini 12, Summer Shells.
OTHER: Jute twine, Early Espresso embossing powder, Anchor charm, Prismacolor pencils.

Hope you are hanging in there with this long post! :-)  My last card features the chalk flowers stamped with distress inks on Ranger water color paper (rough side up).
As you can see, I used at least a couple of different colors for the flowers. Candied Apple and Dried Marigold on the peony type of flower; Scattered Straw and Wild Honey for the daisies.
After I inked up each stamp, I spritzed lightly (one time) above the image before applying it to paper. Love the water color feel that technique gives!
When I have a busy background, I like to soften the look by adding some vellum. Here I gold embossed the sentiment in this stamp set, added a couple of turquoise strips and embellished with a trio of dew drops.
 
STAMPS: Sidewalk Chalk Flowers.
INK: Candied Apple, Dried Marigold, Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Bundled Sage, Peeled Paint, Salvaged Patina distress inks by Ranger; Versamark.
PAPER: Watercolor card stock; Hawaiian Shores, White; Vellum.
OTHER: Gold embossing powder.
 
SUPPLIES
 




Thanks for stopping by... happy shopping and stamping!  ~Wanda


1 comment:

Helen F. said...

Beautiful cards, Wanda! Thanks for all your creative design ideas.