Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Graceful Wings

I sat down to stamp for no reason other than I wanted to - lol! No challenges, no design commitment. I ordered a new stash of WOW! embossing powders and wanted to try the Sunburst color out on this butterfly from the Graceful Wings stamp/die set from Ink to Paper. It's one of my all-time fave sets! I white embossed the butterfly outline then lightly sponged with a sponge dauber and Versamark ink around the edges. I then heated the Sunburst embossing powder and was careful not to heat it too long or the original white embossing might look "singed". TIP: I make sure I use a heavier weight vellum when I heat emboss so there isn't as much risk of warping.

I sponged the edges of the "torn" panels and also popped the yellow


panel up with foam. I adhered the butterfly only with a small square of foam tape so I could curl up the wings a bit to give it more dimension.

To the right, you can see the inside of the card -->

STAMPS: Graceful Wings (Ink to Paper).

INK: Lemon Tart, Bright Buttercup, Summer Sunrise, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado.

PAPER: White Simply Chartreuse, Lemon Tart, Vellum (Ink to Paper).

DIES: Love to Layer: Torn Edges, Graceful Wings, Love to Layer: Scalloped Circles (all from Ink to Paper).

OTHER: Sunburst WOW! Embossing Powder (Ink to Paper).

Time to get some supper prepared. I'm thinking it will be taco Tuesday! 😍                                                           ~Wanda

 
 

No comments: