Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Color Throwdown #629

The weeks are moving right along and we are ready once again for a new Color Throwdown challenge! Vickie is our hostess and she has chosen red, pink and black...just perfect to use Ink to Paper's new balloon cover plate die for a Valentine version! I'll have to give Amy Kolling credit for the idea of using the balloons for a Valentine greeting (sorry, I couldn't find it on her blog to link up here).


I first cut the die from patterned paper so I could paper piece 3 of the balloons. I die cut a circle from the Big Balloons set, sponged with Lovely Lady then used two of the mini stencils with hearts and brushed on ink using Pure Poppy and Hibiscus Burst inks. The sentiment is from The Greetery and was stamped twice with the aid of my trusty MISTI (how did I ever survive without it?!).



I color blended pink and red inks onto the three ribbons to give them an ombre' look. The little flowers from the Big Balloon set were a perfect finishing touch! 

I'm also entering this into the current The Card Concept Challenge where I was inspired by the hearts and the pinks and reds on the cupcakes. I consider my style to be clean and layered.

STAMPS: Big Balloon (Ink to Paper), Sentiment Suite: Love (The Greetery).

PAPER: Head Over Heels 6x6" pad by Echo Park; White, Pure Poppy by Ink to Paper.

INK: Lovely Lady, Hibiscus Burst, Pure Poppy, New Leaf, Ocean Tides, True Black dye inks by Ink to Paper.

DIES: Cover Plate: Big Balloon, Big Balloon (Ink to Paper).

We would love to have you play along in this challenge. Remember, you have the chance to be a guest star stamper for an upcoming challenge if you enter.                       Happy stamping!  ~Wanda


5 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Super Cute Card! Love the idea of using pattern paper for the balloons.

Becky said...

I love these balloons! Fabulous!

LeAnne said...

Such a fun, cheery Valentine card...love those balloons! Perfect for The Card Concept challenge, thanks so much for playing!

Ingen said...

What a great card!

Carol said...

LOVE your card! The colors, the patterns, the balloon strings!!!