Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Color Throwdown #616


It's hump day and that means a new Color Throwdown challenge! Lisa has some great fall colors: kraft, cream and cranberry. I actually still have some Cranberry Crisp card stock from Stampin' Up's old retired colors, so that's where I started. I finally got to play with the new cover plate die from The Greetery - Square Dance - and cut it once from Classic Kraft and once from Vintage Cream to offset the colors over the base cranberry panel. I loved the new Bittersweet Bouquet set which was perfect for these colors. I'm considering the green to be a neutral - lol!

This is also my first attempt with a new light box! I was so

dissatisfied with trying to get by with natural sunlight when so often it was after sundown or on a rainy day that I needed to photograph something! I'm still fiddling with light adjustments in the box but am very happy with it so far! I ordered a Zecti from Amazon after many days of researching and checking out tips on YouTube, other crafters' blogs, etc. There are many DIY light box instructions available, but I didn't want to fool with those steps. Call me lazy - haha! I have only done flat lay photos so far which is through a hole in the top of the box. I don't have a fancy SLR camera and consistently use my iPhone camera for photos. The background inserts (which I most likely will always use white) are not fabric and wrinkles will not be an issue. It's a very pliable plastic, matte finish material and they come rolled up - not folded. So...back to my card...


STAMPS: Bittersweet Bouquet (The Greetery).

PAPER: Cranberry Crisp (SU), Classic Kraft, Vintage Cream (PTI/Ink to Paper).

INK: Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, Classic Kraft, Terracotta Tile (PTI/Ink to Paper).

DIES: Square Dance, Sentiment Suite Basics, Bittersweet Bouquet (The Greetery); To the Point Edgers Die (PTI/Ink to Paper).

We'd love to have you play along with us!

                                           Happy stamping!           ~Wanda


 

1 comment:

Stephanie Clapper said...

LOVE your layout and a different take on The Greetery products! I wish there were more designers like yourself and I also sincerely appreciate how you combine different products! I was super interested in your light box review, I haven’t used my in AGES because the fabric wrinkles, like you mentioned. Awesome information and post! 😊