Thursday, June 21, 2018

Fusion Card Challenge




There's another great inspiration photo and sketch on the Fusion Card Challenge blog today! You can just use the sketch or just be inspired by the photo or, you can do both as I did for my card! Well, you can see I tweaked the sketch a wee bit - lol! I was definitely inspired by the primary colors, the stacking of crates and that adorable little monster on the top shelf!  Our grandson turns two next month and this was the perfect scenario for me to create his birthday card!


I started with a panel of Ranger watercolor paper and "stamped" the stripes using an acrylic block (SU) and distress inks.  It left a mottled rather than solid look which I actually liked better.  I then colored up these cute monster images with Copics and have them "holding" a bitty banner die.  I added googly eyes and sparkle to the monster dots with a Gelly Roll Clear Star pen by Sakura. Photos never do sparkle justice like it looks in real life! The sentiment was stamped twice using my MISTI (a must have tool for me in nearly every card!).

Here is my enabler's list...
STAMPS: Monsterous (Reverse Confetti), Number of Years (Stampin' Up).
PAPER: Ballet Blue (SU), White (PTI), Ranger watercolor CS; Silver glitter CS.
INK: Blueprint Sketch, Carved Pumpkin, Twisted Citron, Candied Apple distress inks; Versafine Onyx Black.
DIES: Monsterous and Gift Card Holder Tag (Reverse Confetti), Numbers (MFT). 

You will want to be sure and check out what the other talented ladies on the design team have created!  


Thought I'd share a sweet photo of the soon to be birthday boy!  He's a little charmer with his adorable dimples but he can turn into a tornado in a blink of an eye! 😍
Thanks so much for stopping by and hope to see your creation in the gallery!

4 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet boy - he will love this fun card! Adorable monsters and I love how you stamped the stripes!

Barb Ghig said...

Awesome birthday card, Wanda! I love all the texture and your sparkly number '2' is a great touch with your fun little monsters!
I can't believe that beautiful child could turn into a tornado...come on, look at that sweet face! I'm a grandma, so I'm just kidding :)

Karren said...

Super-cute card (and super-cute grandson, too!) . Your acrylic block stamping is such a great take on the photo and those monsters are adorable! Perfect card for a 2-year old.

Jen Mitchell said...

Ooh, I love the mottled look of the Distress inks on the blocks. They don't overpower your little monsters and allow them to take center stage! I'm sure your 2 year old grandson thinks this is terrific!