Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Color Throwdown



Another Wednesday has rolled around and that means another Color Throwdown Challenge is happening! Amy Rysavy has chosen some of my favorite colors - coral, green, kraft and white - and we hope you'll love them, too, and play along with us! My card is also using the sketch for the current Fusion Card Challenge.



I couldn't resist MFT's last card kit offer with these stitched
blooms!  I saw so many gorgeous creations by the design team that I caved! I decided to watercolor so I could get a variety of coral shading. I then die cut from Ranger watercolor paper after coloring with Distress Markers (Abandoned Coral, Dried Marigold, Twisted Citron and Peeled Paint). I scribbled the markers on acrylic blocks, spritzed with water then picked up with a wet paint brush. The stitched frame die is by Reverse Confetti (All Framed Up) and the sentiment is Small Hello by Simon Says Stamp.  Whenever I arrange a collage of small dies on a card, I stabilize it by using Press 'n Seal which allows me to flip it over and add glue then flip it over again to adhere the collage to the card.  

We're happy to have Rachel Alvaredo from The Unpampered Stamper guest designing with us for the month of May.  Welcome, Rachel!

To play along with us, please go to the Color Throwdown Challenge blog for all the details!  For more inspiration from the rest of the design team and our talented guest designer for May, click on their links below:
Amy Rohl 
Amy Rysavy
Barbara Anders   
Broni Holcombe
Jodi Collins 
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put  
Vickie Zimmer 
Wanda Cullen (you are here) 
Rachel Alvaredo - May Guest Designer 


3 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card Wanda! Loving those stitched flowers!

Karren said...

This is fabulous, Wanda! I love all the cards you've been making with this kit. I've made one card so far, but it's for an upcoming DT post so I can't share it! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion.

Angela said...

stunning!