Thursday, January 11, 2018

3 Challenges in 1 Card


 I had lots of fun creating this card for the following challenges: 
Sunday Stamps - Use 3 out of the colors 
Freshly Made Sketches - sketch by Rita
The Card Concept - inspiration photo 

The card base is Stone CS by Reverse Confetti.  I stenciled Stone dye ink (RC) on white CS using Tim Holtz' Bubble stencil.  I colored Altenew's Fantasy Floral dies with Zig Clean Color brushes.  I struggled with getting a mint green color on the leaves since none of my watercolor sets had that shade of
green.  I opted to take RC's Seafoam ink cube and blotted it gently over the leaves.  I added a wee bit of Green Shadow 049 Zig brush color then blended with an Aquapainter brush.  For the 3 layers on the flower, I colored with Peach Pink (202), Light Carmine (021), and Pink Flamingo (222) Zig brushes and again blended with the Aquapainter.  
The sentiment - You Got This stamp set by Simon Says Stamp - was white embossed on MFT's Black Licorice CS.  Guess you'd say there was a real collaboration of many different stamp companies' products used on this card!

I went with a clean and simple design and was inspired by the florals and the colors in the Card Concept inspiration photo.  

JAN 11 - Quote from 365 Days of Wonder:
"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there's footprints on the moon."                                         
--Paul Brandt

7 comments:

Melissa Grant said...

Yes quite a collaboration of products and your card is a beauty! The coloring on the flower and the leaves are perfect...thanks for playing along at Sunday Stamps!

Heather said...

Oh, so lovely! Love your swirling colors on the flowers, and the background pattern is discreet and elegant - beautiful! Sweet sentiment, too - so true! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

Unknown said...

I like that you chose to use a neutral background. The black and white really makes the rose pop.

Jen Brum said...

Wow! Your card is just beautiful! I love that big, cheery flower and that fabulous polka dot background! The sentiment is amazing! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Monika Reeck said...

I love hat big flower too
and the grey dots there
so beautifully made Wanda
many thanks to joining with us at Sunday Stamps this time
hugs
Monika

Linda Callahan said...

Gorgeous flower!

Susan Powell said...

This is beautiful! I love the soft, polka dot background you made. Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept. Good luck :)