Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Color Throwdown

It's time for a new Color Throwdown Challenge and you are going to love these colors brought to us by Amy Rysavy - our hostess for this week! 
Here is my take on the red, pink, green and white color palette...




I knew I wanted to use patterned papers from Pebbles' Fun in the Sun 6x6 pad that remind me of watermelon!  I added the tiny saw tooth edge borders from Reverse Confetti's Edge Essentials die set. I love layering up this
fun flamingo from Reverse Confetti's Fabulous Flamingo set.  It was stamped with SU's Flirty Flamingo - which was just perfect for the pink tone.  I added some tropical flowers from Reverse Confetti's Toucan of Friendship stamp set and colored them with Zig Clean Color brush markers.  I'm using the fun sketch for the current Fusion Card Challenge (love those tilted panels!).

For more details on how to play along, head over to the Color Throwdown Blog and you'll find the information on the right sidebar!  You can also visit the rest of the design team's creations for more inspiration by clicking on the links below:


Tracey McNeely - July Guest Designer


7 comments:

Vicki Finger said...

This is an awesome car - I love your attention to detail and your effortless way of mixing patterned paper!

Tracey McNeely said...

Wanda this is amazing, I love all the details and yet your design is still so clean!

Kelly S. said...

I really need more flamingos in my life! This card makes me so happy!! I love the cascade of flower, the bit of watermelon background, and the mini clip embellishment with this sketch!

Rosemary said...

absolutely fabulous card!! love, love, love that fun flamingo!!

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Wanda ... such lovely layering and wonderful detailing ... that watermelon paper is especially awesome behind those sweet blooms and cute flamingo! Anita :)

Karren said...

This is such a fabulous card, Wanda! Your flamingo is gorgeous and the patterned paper is so fun! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion.

cm said...

What a sensational combination of elements; perfect papers for your pretty flamingo and florals! So thrilled you shared this gem in the FUSION gallery!
~carol