Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Color Throwdown #453

It's Wednesday (and the last one in July - OMG -  how did that happen already?!), so that means another Color Throwdown Challenge is on board! Broni is our hostess and I'm totally in LOVE with these awesome colors: raspberry, green and yellow!

You know I had to go with florals and it was perfect to initiate some new (to me) stamp goodies.  Here is my take on it...



I'm loving this Watercolor Stripes Stencil by Altenew and created the background by blending Daffodil Delight ink (SU) with a Tim Holtz blending tool.  Though I've had Simon Says Stamps' Spring Flowers stamp set for several months, I just recently got the Floral Shapes wafer dies.  I white embossed the images on Ranger watercolor CS then colored them in using Zig Clean Color brush markers.  Well, I should say I quickly scribbled in the colors since I knew I didn't have to stay inside the lines because I was die cutting them out.  Easy peasy!  The third new necessity - lol - was using one of MFT's Stitched Dome Frame Die-Namics.  I love using open frames on my cards, so you'll be seeing a lot more of these in the future.  The sentiment is from SSS Uplifting Thoughts.  

ZIGS: 202 Peach Pink, 025 Pink, 027 Dark Pink, 051 Lemon Yellow, 045 Pale Green, 041 Light Green, 047 May Green. 

For more details on how to play along, head over to the Color Throwdown Blog and you'll find the information on the right sidebar!  You can also visit the rest of the design team's creations for more inspiration by clicking on the links below:



Tracey McNeely - July Guest Designer 
Thanks to Tracey McNeely for joining us this month as a guest designer!  Stay tuned next week to meet our August guestie!

2 comments:

Stampingcountry said...

Over the top cute card! Love your bold yellow stripes and bright pick flowers.

Karen said...

This is simply wonderful! I love those flowers and the background is gorgeous! I need to pull out my stencils.