Monday, September 8, 2014

Mojo Monday



Hi, everyone! It's time for another Mojo Monday challenge and Julee's sketch was perfect to show off some new Verve goodies from the last release!  These sweet little bluebells were stamped with the outline image in black and the filler stamp in Soft Sky.  I wanted some depth to the image, so I layered a bit of color using an aquapainter brush and Soft Sky ink picked up from the lid after smooshing the ink pad together prior to opening it.  Using the same brush, I picked up color from a Pear Pizzazz pad for the stems and leaves.  The matching Bluebells die makes it so easy to pop up the image on your card.  The sentiment was gold embossed after stamping the frame image then cutting with Verve's Cupcake Frame die. 

I recently accompanied my daughter to Richmond where she had an appointment with a well known LASIK surgeon.  We did some shopping and one of our stops was Hobby Lobby where I picked up this paper pad by Glitz.  There's nothing like new paper to spark your mojo - lol!

So...what else did I use?
STAMPS: Small Packages (frame) and Framed Florals (flowers and sentiment) - both by Verve.
PAPER: Vintage Cream (PTI), Sunshine in my Soul (Glitz).
INK: Versamark, Versafine Onyx Black, Soft Sky, Pear Pizzazz.
ACCESSORIES: Gold/ecru twine by SU, Avery Elle gold sequins, Cupcake Frame die and Bluebells die by Verve.

For more inspiration, you'll want to visit the other mojomakers' blogs below...OR...you can go to the Mojo Monday blog and check out the first 7 thumbnails.

10 comments:

Marianne said...

So pretty. Love the muted colours.

Dodie said...

Beautiful interpretation of the sketch!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the colors and design.

Sharon Wheet said...

Wanda, oh my! this is just adorable! I love it! you did a fabulous job with this weeks sketch. Very (and I do mean VERY) inspirational! TFS

Karen Day said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Wanda!

Marisa said...

Great take on the sektch and wonderful use of the stamps!

Anonymous said...

SO pretty!! And a great design!

Silke Ledlow said...

Sweet birthday card Wanda! Great take on the sketch! Hugs ~S~

Stampingcountry said...

Pretty card, Wanda! Like your woodgrain with a touch of glimmer.

Kim said...

I love your colors Wanda!! I also love the twine with the flecks of gold in it that match your sequins. Nicely done!! :>)