Friday, August 27, 2010

Viva la Verve




This is the first sketch and room challenge for September on the Viva la Verve contest in the Verve forum. Amber has a great sketch for us and I chose the room with pink/sage/white colors and the large polka dotted chair to inspire my card. This is one of those "bleh" cards...you know the ones. You start with a great idea and it just doesn't come together well! I stamped a script stamp in coral on the flowers, then sprayed with a alcohol/shimmerz mixture and it made the script disappear! No time to start over, so I just went with a plain flower that has a hint of sheen. It's too busy for my taste, but it's time to head to work soon, so it will stay like it is and get filed in my "unsatisfactory pile" - lol!
STAMPS: Great Friend (Verve)
PAPER: Mambi Basics by Me & My Big Ideas, Black, White, Cameo Coral, Sage Shadow
INK: Cameo Coral, Sage Shadow (sponged on flower edges)
ACCESSORIES: Victoria EF, CB, Pearl embellishment, flower brads, Optic dot punch by MS, Leaves die (SU)

2 comments:

Marisa said...

I'm getting greener by the day seeing everyone else getting and using their new Verve!! Darn border!!!

Great job with this flower! Love how you did the center of the flower and the punch you used on the horizontal black strip is great. Lovely work.

Joanne Travis said...

Wow!! Love the bold, graphic style and your layered flower is fabulous!!