Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Word Art Wednesday Challenge

 

Good Wednesday friends! It's really hot and humid here in the Shenandoah Valley of VA (temp feels like it's 100 per weather report), so I'm staying cool in my craft room. I see those weeds that seem to thrive even in our drought conditions but, I simply cannot de-weed in this heat! 

I wanted to thank Karen Letchworth for leaving such kind comments on a recent card. It's been a LONG time since I played with the Word Art Wednesday challenge, but her invitation spurred me to take a look. I've been going through a very difficult time with some difficult challenges as my husband fights a multiple myeloma diagnosis. He's had some very scary complications, but his stem cell transplant is done and his lab values are slowly but surely climbing up to normal range. He's currently in an inpatient rehab facility to strengthen up prior to discharge home. We are hoping that's soon!  

The challenge devotional and scripture from Psalm 31 was very timely for me and I knew I wanted to use a stamp from Papertrey Ink from their Psalm series.   I had this background in my leftover stash so this was quick to assemble after die cutting and color blending some flowers from PTI's Into the Blooms: Wreath set. 

Creating a sunburst background is such a great way to use up leftover patterned paper scraps. I cut rectangle strips that were 1 1/4" wide by at least 5 1/2" long. I then cut from corner to opposite corner to turn it into 2 elongated triangles. Easy peasy!

STAMPS: Psalm Reflections: February (Papertrey Ink).
INK: Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Fossilized Amber, Lost Shadow, Hickory Smoke distress inks by Ranger; Versafine Clair Nocturne pigment ink.
PAPER: Stampers Select White, patterned paper. 
DIES: Psalm Reflections: February, Into the Blooms: Wreath (PTI). 
 
Hope you have a blessed day!   ~Wanda

3 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love that verse and the layout of your card.

Nancy Thomas said...

I am so very sorry to read about your husband's health issues. I went thru something similar last year with my husband so I understand how worrisome it can be. My prayers are with you both.

Karen Letchworth said...

This is absolutely stunning, Wanda, and a great tribute. I just prayed for your hubby this afternoon (and you as well); knowing that God is always there to help us through our struggles is such a blessing that I trust you will cling to tightly. He's got you both.....always! Thanks so much for sharing your AMAZING art with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm so blessed to have you join us and I hope you will stop by again soon (and often). I look forward to it.