Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Color Throwdown #731


Hey crafty friends! It's time for a new Color Throwdown challenge and Amy Rysavy is hosting with the colors of pale yellow, aqua, navy and pink. I've been stamping for MANY years so have quite a large inventory. I wanted to use something I haven't used in awhile, so went with these fun dies from Pretty Pink Posh.

I started by stenciling a background using Papertrey Ink's Playful Dots stencil with Lovely Lady, Lemon Tart, Aqua Mist and Enchanted Evening dye inks. I then die cut the cake out of the four card stock colors to match the inks, then arranged the cake into what I thought was a pleasing mix of the colors.

I added some Clear Star gellyroll pen highlights to the candle flames and embellished the card with some moonshine sequins (PTI).

STAMPS: Birthday Your Way (Papertrey Ink).
INK: Lovely Lady, Lemon Tart, Aqua Mist, Enchanted Evening (PTI); Versamark.
PAPER: White, Enchanted Evening, Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart, Lovely Lady (PTI).
DIES: Party Cake (Pretty Pink Posh); Birthday Your Way (PTI); Stitched Rectangle STAX and Banner Flag STAX Die-Namics (My Favorite Things).
OTHER: Clear Star gellyroll pen; Moonshine sequins (PTI); Pure White embossing powder (Altenew).
  
Thanks so much for stopping by! Would love to see what you create using these colors.  ~Wanda

No comments: