Saturday, October 1, 2022

Happy World Card Making Day!

Happy World Card Making Day! VA is getting a steady rain that started last evening as remnants of Hurricane Ian, so it's a perfect time to get crafty and build up my Christmas card stash. I wanted to mix some new (sentiment and snowflake dies) with an old favorite set called Peaceful Forest from Papertrey Ink. I love the fun, contemporary trees in this set! 

I started by layering white and gold glitter snowflakes in an arch over the top of the card base. I then masked them off and splattered some permanent white Gouache paint onto the background. Initially I cut the Peace sentiment from red paper to layer over the gold glitter card stock. It just didn't show up well and "got lost" in the trees so, I changed to using kraft and was much happier. 

STAMPS: Peaceful Forest (Papertrey Ink).
INK: Pure Poppy (PTI).
PAPER: Classic Kraft, White (PTI); Glitter Gold.
DIES: Peaceful Forest, Layered Snowflakes: Drift, Crystal & Flurries, Larger Than Life: Peace (Papertrey Ink).  
 
That's all for today! I'm going to add watching college football games to my "to do" list today - lol! Enjoy your weekend!  ~Wanda

No comments: