Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Color Throwdown & CAS(E) This Sketch


Another Wednesday means another Color Throwdown Challenge is happening! You will LOVE Vickie's great colors - red, pink and gray - which were perfect for a birthday card I needed to create for a special aunt and uncle! 


I finally got to ink up this new Marble Background stamp from MFT!  I can see this is one I'll be heading for time and time again.  I inked it up with WPlus9's Silver Lining dye ink.  I had some leftover pieces of alcohol ink papers so cut several of the floral die
layers from it and paired more layers from PTI's Pure Poppy CS.  I used Poppystamps' Small and Large Marianna Vine Background dies and cut from vellum and white CS.  In hindsight, I wish I had used some silver or gray leaves so they'd have better visibility.  The sentiment (Painted Greetings by Altenew) was white embossed on black CS.  I used Altenew's Fantasy Floral Die set again...so easy and fun to create a dimensional design!  I'm also playing along with the current CAS(E) This Sketch challenge which happens to be a retro sketch.

We're happy to welcome a new guest designer for the month of February!  Say hello to Claire Apostoloff from Life on the Scrap Heap blog!

To play along with us, please go to the Color Throwdown Challenge blog for all the details!  For more inspiration from the rest of the design team, click on their links below:
Amy Rohl 
Amy Rysavy
Barbara Anders   
Broni Holcombe
Jodi Collins 
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put  
Vickie Zimmer 
Wanda Cullen (you are here)  
Claire Apostoloff  - February Guest Designer


1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

I love that background stamp, Wanda! Gorgeous take on the sketch!