Thursday, August 17, 2017

Curtain Call & Sunday Stamps Challenges



The new Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge has a Hibiscus theme going on, so I also went with the colors from the current Sunday Stamps color challenge for my card. I knew I wanted to use Verve's Hibiscus Plain Jane stamp along with more florals from their Happy Days stamp set.  I colored with Copics, fussy cut and popped with foam tape over a watercolored base using Mijello Mission Gold paint.  I'm again using my new favorite sentiment set from Reverse Confetti (Sentiment Essentials).  Initially, I placed the rounded rectangle panel over a white background which just looked too blah.  I then switched to using this black and white patterned paper by Recollections and thought it had so much more pizazz!

DIES: Stitched Dome Frames and Stitched Rounded Rectangle STAX Die-Namics by My Favorite Things; Sentiment Essentials Confetti Cuts by Reverse Confetti.

5 comments:

Stampingcountry said...

Another beautiful creation, Wanda! Your black and white designer base really adds class to your card.

Leigh Penner said...

Super pretty take on the inspiration photo! I love it!

stampwithamyk said...

How pretty! Love your die cuts and your flowers are stunning! Thank for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Annette Elliott said...

Wanda, your card is breath taking! Love the bold black DSP against your soft water colored background. Very pretty. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps1

Heidi Baks said...

Such a lovely card! I adore the lighter watercolored yellow background and the beautiful pink hibiscus. Thank for joining Sunday Stamps this week!