Monday, June 5, 2017

Mojo Monday Hits 500th Challenge!


Good Monday everyone! It's a time to celebrate an awesome milestone as the Mojo Monday Challenge reaches its 500th sketch!  Now, that's a whole lotta sketches folks!  My card sentiment HAD to be a thank you for Julee's many years of perseverence at bringing us fabulous layouts week after week!  There is much behind the scenes work to keep a challenge going which leads into the next sad note.  This is the last Mojo Monday challenge (insert sad face here)! You'll want to head to the Mojo blog post HERE for Julee's explanation.  You will have an extra week to play along with this last challenge, so we hope to see you one more time in the gallery!  

So...let's get on with what is happening on my card - lol!

I loved the watermelon feel of these patterned papers from Pebbles' Fun in the Sun 6x6 pad and used that as a starting point.  I chose black and white elements with a pop of the bright yellow for the flowers.  Here is what I used:

STAMPS: Be Blessed (flowers), Treasured Words (sentiment), Bloom and Grow (leaves) - all by Verve.
PAPER: True Black (PTI), White (Neenah Solar White), Fun in the Sun 6x6 pad by Pebbles.
INK: Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark, Lucky Limeade (SU).
DIES: Rounded Scallop Frame, Elegant Leaves and Petal Points by Verve; Stitched Strips by Lil' Inker Designs; Edge Essentials by Reverse Confetti.

Out of curiosity, I searched Splitcoaststampers to see when I first starting playing along with the Mojo Monday challenge and it looks like Mojo97 on 7/27/2009 was my first entry.  Check it out below...oh my...what was I thinking with the dark background for the photo - lol?!

 
We'd love to see how you interpret this challenge!  You'll want to post your creation on the Mojo Monday blog.  If you need more inspiration, check out the design team's creations below:

  Lori Tecler 
  Marisa Ritzen   

  Sarah Bigelow  
  Teresa Kline  
  Wanda Cullen (you are here)

10 comments:

Marisa said...

Another beauty, Wanda. It has been wonderful being a Mojo Maker with you :) Love your work, and thankful for cyber world so I can keep seeing your gorgeous creations.

Mary Marsh said...

this is a beautiful card Wanda- as is all your work - sorry to hear that this is the last Mojo Sketch. But, I read Julee's explanation and it is totally understandable. I have loved seeing your work week after week

Carmela said...

Very pretty Wanda! We will look forward to seeing your work on other sites.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the pretty flowers and the colors. Thanks for sharing.
Sad to hear this is the last Mojo sketch, but very understandable for Julee.

Dorothy S said...

Your card is lovely! I checked my SCS gallery and the earliest Mojo entry I found was just a week after yours - though I have been pretty much an occasional participant. Thank you for your inspiration. MM will be missed! Dorothy S, aka etsdas

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, I love both your first and your last cards, Wanda! It's been such a joy designing along side you all this time. Your cards always seem to inspire me to want to stamp! Thanks so much for being a part of Mojo Monday!

Karen Day said...

So fun to see your earlier Mojo creation!! You've always been a blogging favourite of mine... I'll still be visiting you here on your blog on a regular basis :o)

Papercrafting Princess said...

Both cards are lovely!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Oh Wanda! That totally cracked me up because I was looking back on my pics wondering what I was thinking too! HA!!! Isn't it great that we move forwards mostly? ;) LOVE those watermelon papers, and the great clean lines in your card today! Thanks for SO much inspiration over the years!!!

Cheryl said...

Lovely Card...going to miss you all...it has been a good learning process for me...I've have grown thanks to all of you! Signing up so I don't miss your lovely work! Thank you! I was so excited to win one of these Challenges and a stamp set! I bought a few more too! Love to you ALL!