Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Never Lose Your Sparkle



I couldn't resist creating this clean and simple card for the following two challenges: The Paper Players - CAS with butterflies - and Tag, You're It #45!  I die cut the tag (WPlus9's Timeless Tags 2) from Ranger watercolor CS, then picked up distress inks - Tumbled Glass and Cracked Pistachio - from an acrylic block to create the tag background.  On the card base, I used the same two inks and stamped off once to give it a lighter, more airy feel using WPlus9's Just Geometrics: Triangles stamp set.  The butterfly die is my new
fave by Concord and 9th: Floral and Flutter Dies.  I cut it from SU's Pool Party CS than added Martha Stewart's crystal fine glitter.  The sentiment banner is MFT's Stitched Fishtail Flags STAX Die-Namics with the sentiment stamp from WPlus9's Sparkle and Shine set.

That's it from me for now...Heading to the shower then off to work!  I'm enjoying this glorious spring weather we're having in VA!

10 comments:

Petra Swart said...

This is simply fabulous, Wanda!!!! Love the soft colours you used to do the bg stamping and the tag!!!! And that butterfly is so stunning with the lovely sparkle you've given it!!! This is so beautiful!!! Love it!!!!
Hugz

LeAnne said...

Wowza, that butterfly is gorgeous! SUPER-gorgeous with the glitter! I am loving the blue hues, too! Just perfect for our challenge! Thanks for sharing this at the Paper Players this week...I love it!

stampwithsandy said...

Beautiful card, Wanda! I love your background and the sparkly butterfly. Thanks for playing along with my challenge this week at The Paper Players!

Sylvia said...

Wanda, I love the colors you chose. The light butterfly really works well. Sylvia D.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love that your butterfly has a bit of sparkle, many thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

cm said...

Wanda, your tag/card is stunning; love that airy butterfly (which I recently ordered from Concord and 9th...excited for it to arrive!), made all the prettier with the sparkle! Your watercolour and stenciled background: lovely! So glad you joined us in the TYI gallery and honoured you drew inspiration from my tag/card to create this gem!
~carol

Donna said...

Beautiful take on Carol's card.
Love the gentle colours you've used :)
Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It.

Jeanne J. said...

Oh Wanda ! This is GORGEOUS - absolutely takes my breath away!

Darnell said...

I simply adore how you were inspired by Carol's tag to make this stunning number in the cool blue hues! It's brilliant, Wanda!! Your butterfly looks like sugared candy!! Hugs, Darnell

Suchi said...

Came here from Tag you're it! Your card is a stunner and I am also your latest follower! :)
Suchi xx