Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Loads of Love


I dug into my SU archives to find this Loads of Love stamp set for
the following challenges: 
The Challenge #58  - masculine photo inspiration

I used distress inks to watercolor the truck, then added Glossy Accents to the windows and hubcaps before fussy cutting and adhering to the textured CS tag.  I blended the trees and clouds using an Aquapainter.  Even though
there are no hearts to be found on this card, I'm thinking it could pass for a masculine valentine!

STAMPS: Loads of Love (SU).
PAPER: Be Amazing in the Follow Your Heart series of DP by My Mind's Eye; Vintage Cream by PTI; Textured ivory CS by Bazzill.
INK: Peacock Feathers, Carved Pumpkin, Mermaid Lagoon, Peeled Paint, Tumbled Glass, Hickory Smoke, Black Soot, Antique Linen.
ACCESSORIES:  Traditional Tags STAX Die-Namics by MFT, Jute ribbon and jute twine, Glossy Accents.
 

11 comments:

Lisa H. said...

ack! I just had to comment on this....LOADS OF LOVE...how could I not! such a great tag. love.

Happy Dance said...

I think this would make a great masculine Valentine! That truck is awesome, and I love those trees and clouds you've done on the tag. Great use of twine, and the colors are perfect. Absolutely wonderful!! Bev

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I remember that set!!!! Thanks so much for joining us at tag you're it challenge.

Diane Jaquay said...

Wanda, this is fabulous! I love how you colored the truck, perfect for our inspiration photo! Thanks for joining us this week at The Challenge!

anja curvers said...

Wow this is great love the coloring on that truck. Thanks for joining us over at Tag You're It

Debbie said...

Awesome card!! I love the truck's "paint job"! :)
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie (TMS DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Lori said...

I still love this set! Love how you colored the truck. Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

Claire Broadwater said...

Wanda, I LOVE this! I want a truck just like that to drive around! LOL! Love the color combo and mix of patterns! So happy you joined us at The Challenge this week! XX

Becca Sadler said...

I saw that your card made it as a top pick runner up for the masculine inspiration card @ The Challenge! How exciting! Then after reading your blog, I found out you had 2 other challenges tied into this one card!!!! Kudos for job well done and congrats to the awesome guy that receives this excellent card!!!!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, my, what a cute card, Wanda!!!! Such a sweet little truck you have watercoloured so perfectly!!! Love the patterned papers and the twine!!!!
Hugz

Jeanne J. said...

Wanda that watercolor truck is amazing! Love the pine trees in the background and cloudy sky too!