Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Metallic Gold Meets Vanilla



Check out Karen Barber's classy Color Challenge on SCS today! Metallic gold and vanilla.  I started with this striped vellum from SU and die cut the edge using a stitched border Die-Namics by MFT.  The Circle Scribbles dies and the Wet Paint sentiment die and sentiment stamp are all by Papertrey Ink.  Would you believe I still have some of the old SU cording from many years ago and am so happy to see it (along with silver) back in the Christmas catalog that goes live for ordering on September 1st.  So, now I'm ready for the next golden (50th) anniversary that might come my way! 

OILY TIP FOR THE DAY: Lemon essential oil came to my rescue recently when I had a large price tag sticker that had a ton of adhesive residue when I tried to remove it.  I remembered hearing that lemon oil was a much healthier alternative than the obnoxious odorous fumes of most adhesive removers.  I used 2 drops and took a tissue and it wiped off like buttah!  :-)  So quick and easy!  A friendly reminder...if you're using it on plastic, be sure and clean off the lemon oil with a little soap and water so the acid doesn't react with the plastic.  

There's a great deal on getting the Premium Starter Kit by Young Living through the end of August ($10 off the regular price for new members)!  If you have any questions how you can get these oils and a diffuser of your choice in your life, please let me know.

No comments: