Monday, July 6, 2015

Mojo Monday

Can you believe it? July? July is already here and my summer vacation is over already! NOOOOO!!!!!  All of our family plus a BIL and our DIL's parents and sister from Ontario, Canada were in south Nagshead this past week and had a WONDERFUL time!  We got to celebrate Canada Day AND the 4th of July's Independence Day! You've probably heard in the news of all the sharks in that area, so swimming in the ocean was pretty sparce this year!  Just a quarter of a mile down the road from our rental house, two fisherman reeled in a shark from the pier that was between 6 to 7 feet long :-(  Needless to say, I didn't venture into the water past my ankles - lol!  

OK...you're here for my Mojo Monday challenge card, so let me get on with it!


Julee has another fun layout for us and since it's the first Monday of the month, there's a chance for you to win a Verve set by playing along!  I was going through paper crafting withdrawal after not creating anything for the past week and a half and had to laugh when I looked at my finished card.  The colors weren't meant to remind me of sand and surf, but they most certainly took that path. :-)  I mixed the new deco border and tag with circle dies with the older Framed Florals image and a sentiment from the Blessings stamp set.  I used my MISTI to position the two step stamping bluebell images and also for the sentiment which I stamped twice using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  Don't you just love that sweet border from the recently released Deco Borders set?

Here's what else I used:
STAMPS: Deco Borders, Framed Florals, Blessings - all by Verve.
PAPER: Fresh Prints (SU), Crumb Cake, Coastal Cabana, X-Press It Blending Card, White (PTI).
INK: Coastal Cabana, Memento Tuxedo Black.
ACCESSORIES: Flourished Tag die and Bluebells die by Verve; Stitched diagonal rectangle die by Lil Inker Designs; Jute twine; Copic marker (E55); Wooden dots.

Check out the rest of the mojomakers' creations by clicking on their blog links below...or... you can go to the Mojo Monday blog and the first 9 thumbnails will be the design team's cards.
Carole Burrage
Julee Tilman (Owner)

Justin Krieger
Lori Tecler
Marisa Ritzen 
Mary Fish
Sarah Bigelow
Teresa Kline 
Wanda Cullen (you are here) 


Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you in the gallery!

5 comments:

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the color combo.
Glad you had a good time last week. There have been a lot of sharks & shark bites around the Florida coasts also. Needless to say, I don't go to the beach. I'd rather enjoy my swimming pool. :)

Kim said...

I love your tag type part with the lily of the valleys!! SO pretty Wanda!!

Marisa said...

Love the kraft and aqua comob and the border on the tag is fabulous. Yeah for celebrating Canada Day and July 4th!

Lisa Lynn said...

Another beautiful card. I love this stamp set, and great color choice. Stay safe with those sharks.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just fabulous! Love how you used that deco border. So beautiful.