Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Color Throwdown



Check out this fabulous color combo that Tammy has chosen for the Color Throwdown Challenge! Happy, happy colors! 


I die cut the scalloped frame from Elegant Eggplant CS.  After die cutting then watercoloring the flowers and leaves using Tim Holtz distress ink markers (coloring directly onto the stamps, stamping on watercolor CS then blending slightly with a brush lightly loaded with water), I started layering up the floral collage basing it on this old Retrosketches layout.  Their current challenge #135 was to honor World Cardmaking Day this past Saturday and we had the choice to use any of their previous sketches in their archives!  I LOVE this sketch from July 14, 2012!

Here's what I used...
STAMPS: Pretty Peonies (WPlus9), Strictly Sentiments 2 (WPlus9), Ink Splats (WPlus9), Tape It (SU).
PAPER: Watercolor CS, Elegant Eggplant, White.
INK: Elegant Eggplant, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie.
ACCESSORIES: Rounded Scallop Frame Die (Verve), Pretty Peonies dies (WPlus9), Rhinestones (SU), TH distress markers  Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Dusty Concord, Peeled Paint, Crushed Olive.

For more inspiration, be sure and check out the rest of the design team's creations with the links below:

Tara Godfrey - October Guest Designer 
http://angiespapercloset.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Petra Swart said...

WOW, love your beautiful card, Wanda!!!! Such a lovely take on the sketch!!! The flowers are stunning and I love the paint splatters and the strategically placed bling!! Great card!!

Greetings from Africa!!

PS. I've chosen the same sketch to work with!!!

Irish Cherokee said...

Beautifully done watercolor image Wanda. Excellent! - Jim

Petra Swart said...

Hi, Wanda, me again!!!

Thanks for popping in at my blog and leaving a sweet comment!!! I have come back to your blog to have a look at all your other work and I love what I 'discovered' here!!! Your cards are beautiful and I have become your latest follower!!
Now I won't miss out on any of your lovely work in future!!!

Have a lovely day!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Wanda, you are rocking this stamp set! Love the way you used the colors, the cluster of flowers, the faux washi strip! I have to pin this for sure.

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a beautiful card Wanda-love the color combo as well

Joan Ervin said...

Sooo gorgeous, Wanda!!!! I absolutely love all the WP9 stamps you used...love the awesome sketch and added bling, too!!!! Now I have a few more sets to add to my wish list!!!

Lori said...

This is fabulous, Wanda! Love the layered watercolored bouquet you created.

Barbara said...

I love those stamped flowers, Wanda! Great take on that sketch, too!