Friday, June 27, 2014

Tag...You're It!



 


There's a new Tag...You're It! challenge blog started by Jackie Blackwell and the first post is a mini challenge based on this inspiration photo. How ironic that I'm in the process of packing for a beach vacation coming up before long, so I couldn't resist playing along! I was also inspired by Naomi Witzke's adorable card HERE that I came across on Pinterest.  Every bit of paper on my tag was taken from my scrap pile!  I tore 3 different shades of blue (I'm guessing it's Soft Sky, Pool Party and Bermuda Bay) and punched the flip flops out of a textured cardstock (? Bazzill).  The "towel" was dry embossed using SU's Square Lattice embossing folder.  

I love that the challenge is for CAS tag designs!  So often, I see really complex tags created and I cringe at the thought of the recipient trashing it  as soon as the gift is opened!  With CAS designs, there's much less cringing going on - lol!  This was also the first time I used this bargain bin flip flop punch by EK Success.  How sad is that?!  Especially since I've had it since end of last summer!  The "happy" sentiment is from MFT's Accent It - Celebrate Die-Namics and the tag base is MFT's Traditional Tags STAX Die-Namics.  Thanks for stopping by...appreciate all of your comments!

14 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

Love the beach scene you created! Wonderful! Enjoy your vacation! :)

Lynn Put said...

Wanda, your tag is so cute and very creative! Love the fun embossed beach towel. Thanks for playing along with the Tag You're It challenge!

robinann17 said...

Just blog hopping on the tag challenge and I love your beach tag! The way you made the ocean is darling! The towel and flip-flops are too cute! Sweet tag!

Unknown said...

Love this! Makes me want to hop in the car and take off for a day at the beach!! Great job!

Maureen Merritt said...

I love the little beach scene you created! Thanks so much for joining us at Tag You're It!

donna mikasa said...

Love your beach scene, Wanda! I love the torn edges of the "water". Thanks for linking this up to the mini Tag You're It challenge!

Tracey McNeely said...

Wanda I love the beach scene that you created, so fun. Thank you so much for joining us for the warm-up challenge at Tag You're It!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

What a great beach scene! Absolutely LOVE your design! Thanks so much for playing along with the Tag You're it challenge! Hugs, Karin

Gisela said...

What a cute tag Wanda! The towel idea is great.

Megan Carroll said...

This is so cute! I love how you created the water!!

Jackie Rockwell said...

I just ADORE this tag! I love the word, "HAPPY" on its side and the patterned paper coming in on an angle. The torn paper looks great too. Wonderfully balanced design!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Tag You're It! challenge!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun! Fabulous take on Karin's tag!

Naomi said...

Wanda, your tag is adorable! I am honored that you were inspired by my card; thanks for the shoutout! I love how you have the word "happy" going up the side, and how your towel is dry embossed for texture. Fun!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Wanda, your tag is fantastic, and I love the way you interpreted Naomi's creation and made it your own. Love the word on the side - really stands out against the Kraft and other colors!