Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Watercolor BG - Day 2



I learned from Day 1 that it's better to create immediately after watching each watercolor video than to watch all of them first!  So, I only had time to practice what Agnieszka Malyszek demonstrated today and that's to create a soft watercolor wash background using watercolor pencils (mine are SU) - and she showed us a fun way to add some splatter!  I flicked my aquapainter brush over the end of a black WC pencil to create the really fine splatters you see in the BG.  I then wet the tip of the pencil and scribbled on my palette; dipped a fine tip brush in water and picked up the color and dotted it on the card for the larger splatters. 

I'm keeping my finished cards for this online class pretty simple - due to time constraints, and also because I want to focus on the WC technique.  This is a new ODBD sentiment called Sheltering Angel that was just released on May 1 and I love the words in this Irish blessing!

PAPER: Hawaiian Shores by PTI, Black Licorice by MFT, TH Watercolor paper by Ranger.
STAMPS: Sheltering Angel by ODBD.
ACCESSORIES: Corner chomper, Flag It die set by Verve.

3 comments:

Sue said...

This one is just beautiful!

cdoggett01@yahoo.com said...

Gorgeous blending!! I think you nailed it! Beautiful!

Bridget said...

Gorgeous, Wanda - I haven't tried this technique yet - love your rainbow bg with this wonderful sentiment!