Monday, December 9, 2013

CAS Christmas


It's an icy and cold Monday morning and I'm content to be in my jammies without having to go in to work today! Last evening was a stressful drive home from work and even more stressful was the walk getting to my car in the parking lot! Ice everywhere! I'm thankful for no falls and no loss of power!
I'm determined to get my Christmas cards addressed today and decided to play with two different challenges to add another masculine card to my stash. This is for the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge to feature a tree or trees and it's also using the layout for the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge.  I already had this tree die cut and sponged from a previous project, so it was a quick decision to add it as the focal point.  The rusty jingle bells and twine seemed fitting for the masculine papers.  Thanks for stopping by...as always, I appreciate your comments!

STAMPS: Peace on Earth (Verve)
PAPER: Norlard paper pack by Farm House Paper Co., Vintage Cream by PTI
INK: Always Artichoke, Crumb Cake
ACCESSORIES: Christmas Tree #2 by Sizzix, Rusty jingle bells, Jute twine, Postage border Die-Namics by MFT.

13 comments:

Marisa said...

Loving this, Wanda!

Jen Timko said...

This is simply fantastic, Wanda! Love that tree and the bells are perfect! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow Wanda! I'm in love with this card and all it's neutral beauty! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Leni said...

Very beautiful! Love the natural colors/shades!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love the rustic feel of your card. Especially those rusty bells paired with the tree die cut! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

AnitaR said...

This is a gorgeous card! My favorite of all the Christmas cards I've seen online to date.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Your card is fantastic! Love the sheet music tree! Thank you for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Simply beautiful! That music sheet tree is just sensational.

dj said...

charming!! Congrats on being "Narelle's Choice" over at Freshly Made Sketch!!

Kelly Griglione said...

Great idea to use sheet music for your tree! How festive. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Bobby said...

I love this card. Rather rustic but still classy. And it's a designer's choice, too.

Jingle said...

This is just stunning! I love the bells! Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

Sylvia Blum said...

I don't know what else to say, but: WOW!!!!

LOOOOOVE it!!!

Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays :)
Sylvia xx