Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge


Chupa has a wonderful layout for her Sketchbook Saturday Challenge!   I started this card for the brocade challenge on Moxie Fab World, then realized I covered up the DP too much and it just looked floral at this point, so I scrapped that idea.  Because the colors were more muted, I wanted a very grayish, muted green for the leaves, so I dug into my archives for a piece of Mellow Moss - remember that oldie SU color?  The ribbon has a shimmery look to it...think this could possibly pass for a wedding card which I'll be needing in June. 

STAMPS: Small Celebrations (Verve)-sentiment; Sunny Days (Verve)-sprig leaves
PAPER: MME's 29th Street Market 12x12 sheets, Vintage Cream (PTI)
INK: Versafine Onyx Black, Mellow Moss
ACCESSORIES:  Prima, Ribbon by American Craft, Tiny Sprigs dies by Verve, Pearl and button w/pearl accents, Large flag die by Lil Inker Designs (I cut off 1/8" on each side to make it narrower).

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Love the shimmer in the ribbon and what a lovely flower that is! I LOVE mellow moss and still have quite a stash :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh my goodness, look at this purrrty flower! The touch of glimmer on the ribbon is fantastic too :)