Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2026

Freshly Made Sketches

 


I'm entering this birthday card into the Freshly Made Sketches challenge where Donna has a fun new sketch! Amy Tsuruta's former MIL and friend is celebrating her 100th birthday soon and Amy's goal is to get 100 people to send a card! The lady likes purple and blue, so here is my take on it.

I started with a leftover background panel. I clear embossed the tulip and colored with distress inks and aquapainter brush.


STAMPS
: Birthday Tag Kit, Just Sentiments: Milestones 1, Vintage Postage Sentiments (Papertrey Ink); Blooming Tulips, Texture Tiles 1 (Creative Worship Stamps).
INK: Squeezed Lemonade, Fossilized Amber, Milled Lavender, Shaded Lilac, Shabby Shutters, Mowed Lawn distress inks; Versafine Clair Nocturne.
PAPER: Watercolor (Ranger); Stampers Select White, True Black (PTI).
DIES: Blooming Tulips, Polaroid die set (Creative Worship Stamps); Stitched Banner Flags & Rectangle STAX Die-Namics (My Favorite Things).
OTHER: Lots of Dots mini stencil (Creative Worship Stamps). 

That's it for now...thanks for stopping by!  ~Wanda 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, how wonderful, Wanda! Your card inspired by Donna's sketch is such a beautiful way to send those wishes to such a special lady! Thanks so much for joining us again!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you joined FMS this week and played along with my sketch AND made a gorgeous card for Amy's former MIL, too! The black frame and beautiful bloom are striking! Thanks so much for joining us, Wanda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW 100-something to celebrate. Beautiful card and tulip, love the background panel.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have created such a stunning flower! I love it on that gorgeous background with the fun sentiment! SO perfect for a woman who loves purple and blue! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing and very creative design, Wanda! The background is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete