Monday, September 8, 2014


...'cause new W Plus 9 is in da house! Yep, I got some happy mail today! Did NOT need any more flower stamps, I said to myself. But these new peonies are just too awesome to watercolor and I could not resist!

I used the flipped version of the current Retro Sketches Challenge layout, plus I was inspired by Debby Hughes' inspiration card for the CASE Study Challenge (i.e., florals and lots of white space).  

I have a LONG way to go before I have the mad watercoloring skills that Dawn has at W Plus 9, but her stamps really do make it pretty easy to get the look.  I followed her tutorial HERE if you want some tips on the technique. 

STAMPS: Pretty Peonies and Strictly Sentiments 5 (WPlus9).
PAPER: Canson 90 lb. watercolor paper, Lemon Tart and Raspberry Fizz (PTI).
INK: Versafine Onyx Black.
DISTRESS INK MARKERS BY TH: Barn Door, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint.


Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Wanda. Love the gorgeous flowers and the coloring.

Anni said...

What a beauty!
The flowers turned out so lovely!
Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CASE Study!

umichka said...

What a beautiful flowers!! Thank you for being with CAS(E) Study this week.

Debby Hughes said...

Thanks for joining in with CASE Study challenge this week! Love the gorgeous flowers. Dawn's colouring is mad isn't it? But you've done a fabulous job with these.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Me again... Tee-hee! My set is in the house too! I didn't need any more flower sets either, but this is a beauty!

Sharon SharonW said...

Wanda, what a beautiful card! and I believe that you nailed the challenge! bravo to you for embracing all that white space {smile}.
Beautiful card. Beautiful coloring. TFS
your work is inspirational!