Friday, December 13, 2013

Let it Snow!


Woohoo! It's the first day of my Christmas break from work until I return January 2! You have no idea how much I LOVE this break and feel blessed because few nursing jobs allow for this much time off over Christmas. So...I started my day with this card creation and included four different challenges:
CAS-ual Fridays - use snowflakes or snow.
CAS(E) this Sketch - great layout by Joni Andaya.
CASE Study Challenge - be inspired by this photo from Cath's Moxie Fab World.
Free 4 All on SCS - be inspired by a Christmas song or lyric from a song ("let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" is my inspiration).

I had this Winter Fun paper pad by Carta Bella on my desk from my previous project and it was
perfect for the colors - blues/browns - for the CASE Study challenge.  I love me some snowflakes for winter cards, so this was a no brainer.  The largest flake is an EK Success punch; the off white flake is a felt embellishment I've had for years and don't recall the source; the smallest flake is a Martha Stewart punch.  Bling is all by SU.  The sentiment was stamped in Chocolate Chip and fussy cut (from the Verve "Merry Wishes" set).  There you have it...a quick and easy CAS design.

Off to run some errands...thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Marlena M. said...

I love this Wanda~gorgeous gorgeous!!! The colors are beautiful~

dstandard said...

What a beautiful card Wanda - hope you have a fabulous Christmas!

Marisa said...

Great card! Love the snowflakes and how you cut out JOY

Julia Aston said...

This is SO pretty Wanda! love the colors and wonderful snowflakes! Have a great time off! I'll be taking the week of New Year's this year.

Peggy said...

I love this combination of colors! Gorgeous snowy card!

Aimes said...

Lovin' the textures on this card! Thanks for studying with us at CASE Study! :)

Tasnim said...

The snowflakes look amazing! A well balanced design.

Jingle said...

This is so pretty! I love the sparkly centers! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

Betty J. said...

Beautiful card and great job. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

Lin said...

Just love this beauty in blues and browns, Wanda! Merry Christmas!

Joni nina Andaya said...

Congratulations Wanda! Your card is so Awesome!!! Happy New Year :)