Thursday, September 19, 2013

Sunflower Surprise



When I saw Stacy's Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge, I knew I wanted to use a fave Flourishes set for it!  My card layout uses a sketch for the Cardabilities Challenge - a first for me to play along and I simply couldn't resist Karan Gerber's great card layout!  I was also inspired by the current CASE Study Challenge where Kathy Racoosin has a large fussy cut flower as the focal point and the same flower theme is stamped in the background.  For my interpretation, I embossed the BG sunflowers using black EP so I could have that added sheen and texture.  I thought the gold glitter tape strip also added a fun bit of sparkle and texture.
What did I use?
STAMPS: Sunflowers by Flourishes.
PAPER: French Country 6x6 pad by Graphic45, Vintage Cream by PTI, X-Press It Blending Card (used for Copic coloring on large sunflower).
INK: Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black.
ACCESSORIES: Gold glitter tape by American Crafts, Black EP, Fishtail Flags Die-Namics by MFT, Glossy Accents (added to ladybug).
COPICS: Y02, Y06, Y08, Y17, YG11, YG13, YG17, R24, R27, E55, E57.

10 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

WILMA! This is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE that you used the cardabilities sketch with our Sunflower Surprise challenge! What an AMAZING flower! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Cardabilities and the Curtain Call!

Desire Fourie said...

A stunning design. Love how the sunflower pops from the background.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Marisa said...

Great three-for card! Love the big, bold sunflower!! Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous sunflower card Wanda! Great take on both challenges!!! Hugs ~S~

Vicki Dutcher said...

Hey Stranger {insert wave} -- STUNNING card -- that sunflower has the most beautiful detail~ Perfect with all the challenges you joined in! Well done~ :)

adziamar said...

Your creation is wonderful. I like the colors very much . Thank you for playing with Cardabilities.

Kim S said...

I love your bold colors - and the hint of sparkle is just perfect! Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call!

Macarena said...

Stunning! Nice colors and great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing with us at Cardabilities this time! Can't wait to see your cards in the next challenge...
Hugs, Marzena DT

Imaginaris said...

I love sunflowers and I simply adore ladybugs :) Very nice, clean card. Thanks for playing with cardabilities!

Jean Martin said...

Woah! This is fantastic!!! Thanks for playing with us this week at CASE Study! :)