Friday, August 9, 2013

Mix-Ability Challenge



Dina has such a fun Mix-Ability Challenge on SCS today! We are to use air to "move" color onto our paper! In my case, I placed drops of 4 different reinkers on plastic coated freezer paper that I used to cover my work area.  I then used a straw to blow the color onto the cardstock, rotating the paper so that the ink was applied in different angles.  To get the finer splatters, I used SU's spritzer tool to "blow" ink from Tombow markers onto the paper.  I was happy with the rainbow look and was also inspired by Jennifer McGuire's awesome card for the latest CASE Study Challenge.  Clean up was a breeze (yes...pun intended) with using the freezer paper - a must have tool for any mixed media projects!  The rest of the sentiment continues on the inside of the card: Always there to cheer you after the storm.   Thanks for stopping by!


STAMPS: MFT
PAPER: Tempting Turquoise, Only Orange, Lucky Limeade, Summer Sun, White
INK: Tempting Turquoise, Only Orange, Certainly Celery, Summer Sun
ACCESSORIES: Die-Namics Umbrella and Flag STAX by MFT, Button by SU, Corner chomper.

4 comments:

Cards By Jan said...

Hi Wanda....What a awesome pretty card...I love all those bright cheery colours, what a pick me up!!

wandaguess said...

OMG this is SOOOOO cool! I love this so much Wanda. Great color and great impact! XO

Jeanne J said...

Oh this looks like so much fun! Love the colors and all the motion you got with the splats of paint!

Aimes said...

LOVE that background!
Thanks for studying with us this week on CASE Study! :)