Friday, August 23, 2013

CASE Study & ColourQ



Well, I lied. I DO have a card to post today - one that I created late last night after getting off work.  This is for the CASE Study Challenge where we were to be inspired by this unique creation by Jennifer McGuire.  It also uses the colors for the Colour Q Challenge.  I admit I had a difficult time getting these strips to line up.  I held them together on the back using scotch tape, thinking I had cut them all the same width, but had to trim them all again.  Loved the subtle stamping that Jennifer used in the background.  Mine turned out to be a bolder version using PTI's new Mum's the Word set which I am looking forward to using a lot for fall cards!

What else did I use?
STAMPS: Mum's the Word (PTI)
PAPER: Pacific Point, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Early Espresso, White.
INK: Chocolate Chip
ACCESSORIES: Button (SU), Rhinestones (Michael's).

9 comments:

Marisa said...

Love the blocks of colour with the stirpes. Lovely case :)

Gisela said...

WOW! I thought of doing something similar after watching Jennifer McGuire video tutorial. Love these colors, great job Wanda.

ChristineCreations said...

What fun colors together Wanda! This is really great!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous Wanda, great use of the Mum set. Thank you for joining us this week at the colourQ!

Amy White said...

Love this design Wanda! Fab use of the colours with the strips of card, and the flower image over the top ties the whole design together perfectly! Thanks for playing along with the ColourQ this week!

Maureen said...

love those coloured strips and all that bling! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

Sylvia said...

What a fun card design, Wanda, love the stamping over the strips! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

Sandra Farrell said...

Beautiful work - I'm so glad you joined us at the Colour Q this week!

Jane said...

Your card is superb. Love the stripes of colour for the background and how you stamped on top. Might just try this myself.