Saturday, August 17, 2013

Birthday Balloon



 
Just had to play along with some of my fave challenges...AND wanted to join in the birthday party over at Lil' Inker Designs! Laura and company are celebrating the 3rd year of their business being in operation - congrats to everyone at LID! As you can see, I used three Lil' Inker dies: clouds, stitched circle and stitched rectangle.  Love those stitched details!  Of course, I had to use a birthday sentiment.  Didn't use quite the rainbow set of colors as the inspiration photo included, but thought it was still a celebration theme going on!




This card was also inspired by Jennifer McGuire's card for the CASE Study Challenge this week.  I chose the aqua and red colors, used a circle die to mimic the wreath element and kept it CAS with lots of white space as she did with her card.





I'm also playing along with Stacey's latest Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge that has a "carnival craze" theme.  In my hometown in NE Ohio, they have a celebration which includes a small carnival inside the township and then there's a hot air balloon fest going on right outside the town.  It's a glorious, colorful sight to see!

I couldn't stop with just 3 challenges!  Had to also include Sarah's great Viva la Verve sketch for week 3 over on the Verve forum on SCS as the jumping point for my layout.  You can see I did some tweaking - A2 instead of square; flipping the border to the left; using a circle instead of an oval.  Hope I don't get kicked out of that gallery - lol!
I paper pieced the balloon and added some large black rhinestones. The one cloud was popped up using foam tape.  I really go through that stuff...really need to buy stock in that company! :-)

Enough play time for now...need to head out to the grocery store - one of my least favorite chores of the week!  Have a great Saturday everyone!

11 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous. Such a lovely airy and light creation.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Cathy Weber said...

Your colors are perfect for the Lil Inker challenge...absolutely love those clouds overlapping the hot air balloon. I especially love those sparkly sequins embellishing the sentiment panel.

Cards By Jan said...

Beautiful card Wanda!! I love your puffy white clouds...super colours!!

Laura Pryor said...

Love this, Wanda! I'm so glad you joined us for our birthday challenge!
Laura
Lil' Inker Designs

Marisa said...

Such an adorable card, Wanda!! Love the stitched clouds! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!!

Vickie Z said...

Love this!! Colors are perfect and all the elements blend fabulously!

Maureen said...

wow! This card has it all! I've always loved that hot air balloon set :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Eeek! A total jawdropper, Wanda! Gorgeous!

Amber said...

This is so fabulous!!! Nice work!

Sarah said...

What fantastic colors! And I love that so many of the elements are tied together by the LID stitching.

Stacey Schafer said...

so fabulous, Wanda!