Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Siberian Iris



Hello everyone! Woke up to a real chill in the air this morning, but the sun came out and warmed things up a bit...perfect for my shopping excursion day.  I was on a mission to find a dress for our middle son's wedding in June.  Have narrowed it down to two choices...hopefully the one I ended up ordering online will fit since it's my first choice.  We'll see.  Shopping totally wore me out, so I sat down late afternoon and created this card for two different challenges:
CASE Study Challenge: Maile Belles, guest muse (her gorgeous card is on the right).
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge: Use blue and green color combo.

I chose an older, but one of my fave, floral images - Siberian Iris - for the focal point.  I colored with Copics on X-Press It Blending Card then fussy cut and adhered it to the card.  I love this new Framed Tags One die set by Spellbinders which combines embossing/piercing in addition to die cutting!

Here's what else I used:
STAMPS: Siberian Iris and Botanical Bookplates Vol. 2 (sentiment) - both by Flourishes.
PAPER: Antique Cream DP by Creative Imaginations, Black, White.
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black.
ACCESSORIES: Copics (BG0000, BG01, BG05, Y18, YG11, YG13, YG17), Fine Linen satin ribbon by PTI, Silver brads, Framed Tags One dies by SB.

4 comments:

Katie Sims said...

This is simply stunning! It caught my eye in the SCS gallery a minute ago and then I saw it here! Your coloring is beautiful! So glad you could play along in the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge this week! :)

cbuswell said...

So gorgeous! That shade of blue is just WOW! love it! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

Jean Martin said...

Woah! Gorgeous coloring there! Absolutely beautiful! :)

Broni said...

Oh my goodness! I just love your beautiful blue Siberian Iris!! Gorgeous card, Wanda!!