Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Color Throwdown & CASE Study


Hello friends! It's Wednesday and that means another Color Throwdown Challenge is up...this one hosted by the talented Barbara Anders! She's got a wonderful fall color palette inspired by the Autumn spice paper pad by Lily Bee Design.  I also used inspiration from Torico's card on the right which is Chupa's choice for the CASE Study Challenge.  I kept the "winged thing" subject matter on the mostly clean space in the BG and used chocolate pearls as an accent.  I added the square embossing "frame" using the following "sandwich" recipe for the Big Shot: open the multi-purpose platform at Tab 1; layer 5 pieces of CS as a shim, clear cutting mat, Nestie of choice (blade side up), CS, tan mat, clear cutting mat (I use the "cleaner" mat on the top rather than the "cut up" mat as it can leave marks on the card).


We are welcoming a new guest designer for October and I'd like to give a big shout out to the talented Dawn Easton!  So happy to have you with us!  You'll want to check out all the other design team members' creations as well.  So here's hoping you'll play along with us...for more details about the challenge and for more inspiration by the design team, please check out the Color Throwdown blog.

STAMPS: Chicks Rule by Verve
PAPER: Max and Whiskers pad by BasicGrey, Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, Blue Bayou
INK: Chocolate Chip
ACCESSORIES: Postage Nestie, Square Nestie, 2-Step bird punch by SU, Chocolate pearls.

9 comments:

Anneke said...

lovely card and image and the cardstoch is beautiful.
greetings from ann

Dawn Easton said...

Wanda, I love this fabulous CAS card!! The frame, the bird, that branch! All fantastic! Thanks for the shout out too :)

Vickie Z said...

Love this! CAS sort of....all the details are perfect!!! Going to have to try your embossing!

Marisa said...

This is such a fabulous card, Wanda! Love the bird on that fabulous striped BG and the postage stamp edging. Perfect touch with the half pearls :)

Joan Ervin said...

I looove the postage stamp diecut, Wanda...I didn't think I needed it but I have changed my mind now!!!! Love the scoring and little bird, too...this is such an awesome CAS design!!!!

Broni said...

LOVE the postage stamp mat and that adorable patterned bird!!

Lynn Put said...

Such a lovely card Wanda! I love your little bird and I think I need to get this postage stamp die because it looks fantastic here on your card!

dreamingcards said...

Such a lovely card, I really like the way the striped background beautifully enhances your bird and of course the fantastic use of the colour palette.

Lori said...

Great CAS design! Love the embossed frame around the image panel.