Saturday, September 8, 2012

CASE Study Challenge

There' a new muse on board on the CASE Study Challenge blog and it's the talented Torico!  Chupa has chosen this card on the right for our inspiration and had a link to Torico's Etsy shop which I just had to check out.  I fell in love with the out of the box flowers (I know... you're surprised that I would love flowers - lol) and also a couple of other designs that you'll have to stay tuned for future creations! :-)  I wanted to keep the same layout that includes a tiny mat of color to highlight the focal point color along with the sentiment at the top.  I tossed my first border panel that was a green print...just not enough contrast...and went with a distressed "wooden" panel instead.  I colored with Copics and fussy cut the image and popped it on foam dots.

STAMPS: Digital stamp from Birdie Brown stamp shop on Etsy; With Love by Verve (sentiment)
PAPER: Miss Caroline "Howdy Dowdy" pad by MME, Terracotta Tile and Vintage Cream by PTI, X-Press It Blending Card
ACCESSORIES: Jute Twine, Yellow Stickles
COPICS: G20, G21, G24, YR12, YR15, YR16, YR18.


Marisa said...

Love it! The fence and twine are a great :) Love the flowers too :)

Aimes said...

What a super sweet card! I love your fence too!
Thanks for joining us on CASE Study this week! :)

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous flowers!! Love the wood panel paper!!

Anja (scrappie) said...

This is great especially with that wooden paper in the background and that twine, love it.

Maureen said...

oh, love the rustic look of the fence and twine! Such a bright and pretty image! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

Christina said...

Your orange flowers look fabulous, Wanda! I love the glittered centers and the contrast with the soft green background. The "wooden" strip is fantastic, too. Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study!